March 10, 2018

Spring is the perfect time for dresses. Between the sunny days, vacations, and the numerous invitations to brunches, weddings, bridal showers and baby showers, I always find myself in need of dresses for these occasions.

One of my go to places to find dresses is at Neiman Marcus at Fashion Island. Not only do they have an amazing selection from designer brands to trendier brands at Cusp, they also have such knowledgable stylists on hand to help find the perfect look for every event.

Since my brother in law is getting married in April, I definitely need a dress to celebrate his nuptials. We literally have been waiting for him to get married after being with the same girl for over 10 years so to say it is a big deal for the entire family is quite an understatement. That being said, I need a show stopping dress (yet not too formal) for all the family photos and celebrations that will be going on.

This dress by Caroline Constas is the perfect option for an informal wedding (aka not black tie). The sheer layers of ruffles with the metallic print against cool shades of blue and grey makes this spring dress edgy but also light and feminine for a wedding. I also love the hint of sparkle in the details of the dress which makes it more fabulous for an evening wedding. In keeping with the monochrome look (which I’ve been obsessed with lately), this Chloe bag complements the dress well without taking center stage. I also love these fun Christian Louboutin heels that has the perfect amount of blues and greens to complement the dress. What’s perfect about this dress too is that while it can be worn for a wedding, I can easily wear it to brunch or in the summer with some sandals or sneakers to dress down the look.

Dress | Heels | Bag | Earrings

In addition to the upcoming wedding, I also have a baby shower to attend for a good friend who recently got married and literally got pregnant on her honeymoon. It will be a reunion of sorts so I definitely want to look my best in a spring, floral dress.

I fell in love with this Veronica Beard print as soon as I saw it. While I am not usually a pink person, the mix with whites and black on this dress along with the unexpected ruching had me giddy to try this on. It fits so well and the ruching is adjustable so you can tighten it as much as you want or let if flow longer. I also appreciate the open front so that you can show off some leg. This is perfect for a more petite frame as well so create the illusion of longer legs. To highlight the pink in the dress, I chose these fun Valentino heels and these statement earrings from Oscar de la Renta. I just love the pink and red combo in the earrings and they add that extra statement to the more conservative style of the dress.

Dress (similar style) | Pink Heels and Rose Gold Heels | Bag | Earrings

Whether you are looking for dresses for Spring break or summer vacation plans, or for specific events going on, you have to check out Neiman Marcus for their myriad of options. Here are some of my favorite looks for every occasion from the store.

/ Evening Affair /

Dress | Heels | Clutch | Earrings

/ Cocktail Hour /

Dress | Bag | Heels | Earrings

/ Daytime Event /

Dress | Wedges | Tote | Earrings | Sunglasses

You may also like

Britta March 10, 2018 at 11:39 pm

Yay to Spring and the events it comes with!
Congratulations to your brother in law! Both looks will be perfect for a wedding!
I love the sleeves of your first look! They are so fun and the print is tdf! I clearly remember the detailed shot from your Instagram and have been dying to see the full outfit!

Open Kloset March 11, 2018 at 11:47 am

Hey Darling,
How was your Weekend?
Both Dress is Gorgeous and Looks perfect on you but I am in Love with the First one:)
The Color and the Print are Amazing and the Sleve Details super gorgeous and Very Unique:)
I need that Dress… So Beautiful:)
The Second for me a bit more Classy but Love it.
Love, Kisses Karina
Happy New Week

Elizabeth T. March 11, 2018 at 3:03 pm

Really loving this dress so much! <3 It's so pretty! Loving how you styled it with that Chloe bag! 🙂

XO, Elizabeth

Jenelle March 11, 2018 at 7:34 pm

I love that off the shoulder dress! The metallic thread running through it is just the perfect finishing touch. Wow, dating for ten years, that will be a big celebration! They would have been through so much together!
xx Jenelle

Dasynka March 12, 2018 at 3:48 am

Wow this dress is just stunning on you! You will be the best at that celebration!
xx Dasynka

Simone March 12, 2018 at 4:44 am

I was very much longing for spring to wear lighter clothing, especially dresses. You look gorgeous in both dresses Christine, the styling is superb! Both versions can be worn to any occasion, I love the versatility.

xx Simone
Little Glittery Box

Keri March 12, 2018 at 6:35 am

Ahhh loving both of them! The prints are so gorgeous and they look so lovely on you!

Enclothed Cognition

sharon March 12, 2018 at 9:53 am

you always find the best statement dresses babe! i am totally looking forward to spring and summer and actually just bought a ton of dresses this weekend too hehe 🙂 i love that off-the-shoulder dress on you christine!! have a great week xo

Mariann Yip March 12, 2018 at 10:36 am

The first dress is absolutely stunning! I actually have a wedding to attend at the end of the month so this post came at a perfect timing!

miri March 12, 2018 at 1:07 pm

I have to admit that I like the first dress. You look gorgeous.

Katherine March 12, 2018 at 1:27 pm

The first dress is so bold and you look amazing in it!

Aimara March 12, 2018 at 4:09 pm

Neiman Marcus is the best! You look so gorgeous in both of these dresses girl!! Love how you style them!
Need to stop by NM because I always have so many events during Summer and I know I’ll have a couple weddings!
Thanks for sharing!

Erica Luczakowsky March 12, 2018 at 5:37 pm

Yes! NM is such a great go-to for looks. I am a huge fan of Nordstroms and Bloomies, because I love there assortment of styles and aesthetics.

I am in love with the patterned dress you featured, and the Chloe bad was the perfect touch.

Jessi Malay March 12, 2018 at 5:46 pm

How gorgeous are all these options?!! Obsessed with the Veronica Beard printed dress and how you styled it with the pastel blue Chloe bag 🙂 Gorgeous <3

XO, Jessi

Olivia Poncelet March 13, 2018 at 1:02 am

Amazing outfit, so stylish!!
Nice pics too 😉
Have a wonderful day!
Olivia Poncelet <3

Jessica March 13, 2018 at 1:31 am

You look fabulous on that dress dear. Such an adorable print. The bag is perfect for your outfit too.

Jessica | notjessfashion.com

monica sors March 13, 2018 at 2:20 am

wow you look amazing in both looks!!
Mónica Sors

Samantha Mariko March 13, 2018 at 5:23 am

I love how light & airy both of these dresses are, making them perfect for spring! Also, perfect selection of bags and heels for each! I can’t wait to wear a pretty spring dress myself once it gets a little warmer!
xo Samantha

Ting March 13, 2018 at 12:03 pm

Both dresses look absolutely stunning on you Christine! The Caroline Constas dress is a show stopping dress with your signature look of edgy; the Veronica Beard print dress is so elegant and classy. Love all the picks that you recommend. I am going to attend a friend’s son’s wedding in April in Mexico, I will definitely take a look of the collection at NeiMan Marcus.

Susanne - Bag at you March 13, 2018 at 2:20 pm

This dress looks absolutely fabulous my dear! I would also wear it to any occasion and grab that bag! Hope you are having the best week so far! Xx Susanne – http://bagatyou.com

Eva March 13, 2018 at 2:55 pm

I love both dresses but the first is for me the best 😉 love the print looking like a bird wings . Absolutely awesome and looking perfect on you. Congrats for your bro!

Sheree March 13, 2018 at 6:37 pm

Both of the dresses looked exquisite and lovely in their own ways. One is a casual chic look and the other is a nice evening out. I love both! The Caroline Constas dress looked so dreamy and the golden threads woven into the fabric looks luxe and like a wing of a bird! Very dramatic! I’m so in love with that all white Valentino rockstud clutch…NEED IT for spring! Neiman seriously have the best dresses for every occasion and every style, now I want to get dolled up even though I have no where special to go to.

xo Sheree

Eena March 13, 2018 at 7:18 pm

That first dress looks so amazing on you! So bold! PS. YOU ARE GAWJUSSSS

cabin twenty-four

Aurela lacaj March 13, 2018 at 8:41 pm

Wish we had Neiman Marcus in Vancouver. I shopped in there last year when I was in California and bought a pair of heels of course. Since you are ready for your brother-in-law wedding maybe you should come to my wedding in Italy after 🙂 I love the dress on you paired with that Chloe bag. It’s feminine and so perfect for a Spring wedding. I adore you when you wear dresses. You sure picked the perfect outfits for both occasions. That Valentino Rockstud looks amazing with the second dress, classy and fabulous. I am looking forward to seeing your pictures on Instagram! Have a great time in both parties!

Aurela x

Mademoiselle Coconath March 14, 2018 at 3:07 am

You look amazing!
Mademoiselle Coconath

Nina March 14, 2018 at 4:00 am

You look amazing in that dress ! Adorable print !

Sophie March 14, 2018 at 7:36 am

Those dresses really suit you. You look amazing. Loving your pictures.

Darya March 14, 2018 at 2:21 pm

Wow! You are so gorgeous! I’m inspired by your looks!
These prints on your dresses are just adorable!
The best choice for the summer and the spring!

Tandya March 14, 2018 at 7:26 pm

Omg I feel ya! As soon as March hit, there are so many wedding, bridal, brunch and dinner events! I am having to go to the mall every week! I don’t go to Fashion Island often, just because it is so far, but I always find the best outfits there! I really love both dresses you picked up! The Caroline Constas dress is perfect for an informal wedding!

Thank you for sharing!

lesley kim March 14, 2018 at 8:18 pm

I agree that Spring is perfect for dresses! I’m getting so excited for the warmer weather. You look amazing in these looks

Vanessa March 14, 2018 at 9:13 pm

Girl, you look stunning! Yaay, we are a few days apart from Spring and your looks are a great source of inspiration, both are so pretty. First one is my favorite and I loved the way you styled it. I will definitely stop by Neiman Marcus to complement my spring wardrobe.
Thanks for sharing!

Madison March 15, 2018 at 12:06 am

Christine! You are seriously killing the game!! My style inspiration – you are so chic! I’ve been obsessed with Veronica Beard lately and that dress is no exception! It’s so perfect for spring/summer and I feel like it’s so easy to dress up or down. Love how you styled it!! Mayyyy need to copy you!! Heheh as always, thanks for sharing – feeling extra inspired now!! xx

daisy March 15, 2018 at 1:31 am

Absolutely fabulous !  You look stunning and stylish,i love this dress very much! thanks for your sharing

Candace March 15, 2018 at 2:15 pm

I am not the biggest fan of pink either, but I am loving your dress choices! I normally don’t wear them too often, but I agree that both of these are options that can carry you from season to season. Your selected jewelry goes so well with them too!

Ankita Bardhan March 16, 2018 at 2:46 am

Ikr sooo many summer weddings happening! Absolutely LOVE all your outfits! You make everything look so effortlessly stylish and hot! Totally agree with you the bag compliments the dress so well 🙂
I hope you’re having a smooth sailing week! 🙂

Amy March 16, 2018 at 10:44 am

You are just so fabulous!!!! Everything looks so good on you… and you style it so perfectly. You continue to be one of my favorite bloggers to follow for your unique and refreshing spin on trends and fast fashion!!

xx, Amy

Cinthy Kwok March 18, 2018 at 7:07 pm

Thankyou for sharing! You look so classy and gorgeous!
x, Cinthy.

Kirsten Wendlandt March 18, 2018 at 9:15 pm

Oh my gosh these two dresses are just GORGEOUS!!! I especially love the first one. Totally want them both though!!

xox Kirsten // http://www.kirstenwendlandt.com

Alexandra March 18, 2018 at 11:16 pm

Where do you find all of this outfit idea?! Omg I’m literally obsessed with your outfit.

Absolutely love it!