I know most people dread Mondays because it’s the start of a full week and they’re probably recovering from a weekend filled with fun and sleeping in. I actually don’t mind Mondays that much because to me it is a fresh start and a whole new week of adventures ahead. But just because I like Mondays, that doesn’t mean I don’t need my matcha AND latte to face the day!
Some things I like to do when starting the week, or starting a new day are below:
1. Find a quote that inspires you. I usually go on Pinterest for motivational quotes, but Instagram also has so many good ones. I am a lover of quotes, but one that I keep going back to is “Don’t chase people. Be an example. Attract them. Work hard and be yourself. The people that belong in your life will come find you and stay. Just do your own thing.” It’s easy to get caught up in what other people are doing and comparing yourself to them, but that’s when life gets stressful and you get down on yourself. Everybody started at the beginning, where you are today, so don’t compare yourself to someone who is on chapter 20 when you are starting at chapter 1.
2. Review your week. Look at your calendar for the week just to refresh your memory on what events you have coming up. Then focus on the things you need to do today. Tackle each item one by one instead of overwhelming yourself with a million to-dos. Create a list and check it off. By having a list, you won’t forget what you need to do, you can plan efficiently, and you get a sense of accomplishment each time you check another item off the list.
3. Take time for yourself. For the benefit of yourself, but also for those around you, stop, breathe, take a pause, then move on. Everyone needs downtime and whether that means taking 10 minutes to catch up on Instagram (just keeping it real) or an hour at the gym, take that moment so that you can reset and continue your day. I know for a fact that I am much more pleasant and nicer to my family when I have some time to myself and in turn they are happier too.
4. Start the morning off with the right foods and coffee of course. Nothing sets your “diet” for the day than what you eat in the morning. My favorites are avocado toast, hard boiled eggs, omelet, and when I have time, a green juice. And just as you start the day off with the right foods, end the day off the same way by eating a well balanced meal of protein and veggies and don’t snack or eat past 7PM! Trust me, you may hate this when you’re doing it and your stomach grumbles while you try to sleep, but I guarantee you’ll be happy you did it when you wake up the next morning.
5. And finally, connect with someone. And by “connecting,” I don’t mean sending a text message or a snap, but talk to someone on the phone or face to face. In a generation where electronics are the norm, we typically forget the basics of a real conversation where looking at our phone is not involved. You would be surprised at how much more you learn when you’re not looking at your phone. For me, conversations with my girlfriends, other mommies, my sisters, my mom, my husband…all those add value to my life. Whether it is a new recipe learned, a trip planned, insight into how someone dealt with a similar situation, all of that takes place from a conversation.
All of the above work for me and hopefully they are things that you can implement in your life to make Mondays not so terrible. If you have any tips to share, I would love to hear those as well. Just as I am here to provide my input, I would love to learn from you too because that’s what it’s all about – inspiring others and being inspired. Now look Monday in the eye and say, “Monday, you’ve met your matcha!”
Wallet | Chanel similar here and here
Sunglasses | Karen Walker
iPhone Case | Richmond & Finch
I’m obsessed with matcha tea!! Esp. matcha tea lattes. I love that quote you posted on there. It is easy to get caught up on seeing what others are up to, but you gotta do you.
Meghan | BeyondBasicBlog.com
Me too! I love any lattes to be honest and any sort of caffeine haha. Yes, it’s hard not to get caught up in everyone else’s business, but I’ve found that if you keep on working at your own thing, the results will come. Happy Monday to you babe!
Love your “Monday Mantra” tips! It’s always nice to review your week and plan ahead. Have a great day gf!
Hi Lindsey! Yes, if I didn’t plan for the week ahead or at least know what was going on for the week, I would go insane. I hope you are having a fabulous Monday so far!
Thanks for sharing these tips and the quote! It’s so easy to get caught up in what everyone else is doing and to forget to just keep working at your own thing! I think it’s also really important to make time for yourself and also for your friends and family!
Thanks for sharing this!
Yes! I think I find myself more frustrated if I try and compare myself to someone else. I think it’s way more productive to channel that energy into bettering yourself than worrying. Worrying doesn’t solve anything right? Thanks for reading!
amazing inspo babe, always been a big fan of matcha lattes! thanks for sharing all these tips
Thanks Melis! I am a huge fan of yours – always have been since I started this blogging journey!!
I love reading your posts and your thoughts and advice. There ain’t nothing I don’t love about you girl!
Love your 5th piece of advice! So true! Thank you for sharing this. I ought to really take all this into consideration the next time I dread Mondays! Luckily since I do what I enjoy, it’s not too bad usually 🙂 Btw, one of my good friends LOVES all things matcha. I will share this blog post with her 🙂 xo, sharon
You’re right, when you love what you do, Monday’s don’t matter so much. For me it’s more the kid’s activities that usually has me running around like crazy. =) I hope you had a fabulous Monday babe!
I am so in love with the photos! 🙂 Great post!!
Thank you Elena you are so sweet! Hope you are having a great week!
Love those Karen Walker shades. Thanks for sharing. Feel free to visit our page to earn free #sunglasses and make #money by becoming an affiliate.
Eye Feel Shady http://www.eyefeelshady.com/blogs/eye-feel-shady/75634308-calling-all-sunglasses-lovers
I’m obsessed with all of Karen Walker shades and all sunglasses in general (if you couldn’t tell). I will check out your website. Thanks!
Starting the day with a delicious breakfast is a must! Love chia bowls atm! Xx
Totally agree and I love chia bowls too!
Wonderful post! You’re a great writer and I enjoy reading your advice.
You are too sweet Jennifer. Nothing makes me happier than to actually open up and share my thoughts. Hope you are having a great week so far!